Thursday, December 30, 2010

How it all began...

Growing up as a child to my early 20's (VERY early 20's) I was NEVER over weight.  My nickname my uncle called me growing up was "Bones" (lol).  Well that all changed once I became pregnant with my first child (11 years ago).  I can remember when I was 3 months pregnant and weighed 128 lbs.  My mother was concerned that I wasn't looking pregnant at ALL!  I wasn't gaining weight, I was almost out my first trimester and my tummy was not showing at ALL! (Well that is NOT the case any more LOL).  I remember the numbers on the scale the day I delivered 155 lbs. (Well it was all upwards from there).  I went from a size 5 to a size 9 (IN JUST 9 MONTHS) but I was the happiest "New Mommy Ever".  I never lost a pound but became pregnant 2 years later with my son.  The day I walked out of the hospital after having him the scale read 188 lbs (Boy I was HUGE I went from a size 9 to size 12 in 9 months).  I was now in the double digits, I did not know how to dress my new body (and I didn't want to learn either).  After a few years of maintaining that size, I finally got fed up with myself.  I didn't know who I was anymore, I wanted the slim Keiyana back I knew all my life.  So I got serious and set a weight loss goal to reach 150 lbs.  I joined Weight Watchers, got a personal trainer, worked out in the gym and the weight started coming off!!  Boy was I EXCITED!!  I got down to 163 lbs in 3 months and came to a complete STOP!  I freaked out, I am not going over my points, I am in the gym at least 3 days a week, how can I not lose even one pound?  Well come to find out shortly after I was PREGNANT!!!  (OMG!! this can't be!!)  I worked SO hard to lose this weight and 13 lbs away from my goal to get pregnant AGAIN!! (I of course blamed my husband for this LOL).  Okay I was now pregnant with our 3rd child and put on 60 lbs.  (I gained double the amount of weight from my first two pregnancy and tipped the scale at 217 lbs the day I delivered OMG!!)  I remembered crying to my husband about how fat I was.  He is such a good husband (besides getting me pregnant again LOL just kidding) and said all the right things to help me feel a little bit better.  This time after delivering our last child I was going to start my weight loss plan immediately and I did.  The first 20 lbs came off pretty quick but not the way I planned.  Just 5 days after giving birth, we almost lost our baby girl.  I woke up to find my baby laying on her back, her tongue blue and choking on her mucus.  I can truly say that was the WORST day of my life but GOD is AMAZING and turned it to the BEST day of my life to wake me up at the right time.  (Boy I am getting chills just thinking about it).  Well even though our baby girl was doing EXTREMELY well, I became depressed to know how close we were to losing her.  I lost my appetite (for the first time in YEARS) and lost about 20 lbs real quick.  I finally realized how blessed I was to have such a wonderful husband and 3 beautiful healthy kids.  I got my appetite, started back exercising and got down to 170 lbs.  I was now 20 lbs away from my goal weight and slowly lost focus.  I stopped working out and managed to stay around 170 up until a few months ago when I learned my hormone levels were slightly unbalanced and gained 28 lbs OMG!! That was IT!!  I have to take control back over my life and this is the beginning to "Finding Me, One Pound At A Time"

No comments:

Post a Comment