Dr. Mehmet Oz answered:
Here are some tips to lose weight:
1. People who regularly weigh themselves and keep track of their progress in a journal are more likely to lose weight.
2. Pass on pop. You'll be amazed by how much weight you drop by simply switching to water.
3. Replace your scale with a tape measure. Aim for 32 1/2 inches or less for women and 35 inches or less for men.
4. A Mediterranean diet not only comes with heart benefits, studies show it leads to more weight loss than low-fat diets.
5. You don't have to make a three-digit number your weight loss goal. Aim for a certain dress size or waist measurement.
6. Make your wardrobe match your goals. As you lose weight donate the clothes that no longer fit you as an incentive to stay on track.
7. Pick up a 5- or 10-pound weight at the gym and visualize that weight coming off. Holding the weight in your hands helps bring home just how heavy even 5 pounds of extra fat can be.
8. If you find yourself at a weight loss plateau, up the duration of your exercise routine by five minutes.
9. Share your weight loss goals with your friends and family. Make it a positive life change and ask for their encouragement.
10. Take a photo of yourself each week so you can see your physical transformation.
11. Yoga may be relaxing but you can also get a good workout. An hour of yoga can burn up to 350 calories.
12. Keeping good posture will not only strengthen your core, but will also add a small extra-calorie burn, because you're working slightly harder to maintain the position.
13. If you're trying to lose weight with your significant other, pack each other's lunches. The lunchbox surprises will keep the both of you motivated.
14. Avocados can be your secret weight loss partners. They're high in fiber and healthy fats, giving you a meaty-tasting meat alternative.
15. Try a plain Greek yogurt with frozen berries for a pre-workout boost.
16. The omega-3 fatty acids in salmon may dial up your body's ability to burn fat, especially if you add some exercise.
17. Boost your metabolism with some green tea or chili peppers.
18. Energize plain-tasting proteins such as eggs or chicken with metabolism-boosting chili pepper sauce