Sunday, February 26, 2012

Whatever It Takes!

Since I started my weight loss journey this year, I had several ups, downs, set backs, forth comings, victories and, challenges. However, I asked myself what is different from this time vs. the many other failed previous attempts.  And, I have one simply answer... I haven't quit!  I usually quit around day 14.  Today, makes day 57 on this journey, I will say it has not been easy at all.  However, I learned through the years and understand, "nothing worth having come easy".

Here is an encouraging message I once read on "JoePaul Speaks! Impoving Lives, One Person at a time!" blog http://joepaulspeaks.com/ :


Morning Cup of Joe – Whatever It Takes

Sometimes you have to do what you have to do in order to get what you need to get. I’m sure you understand by now and have countless examples confirming this fact and the understanding that nothing comes easy. Well, some things do but that certainly doesn’t mean that they’re worth having. In my opinion, anything that comes easy isn’t worth having. The things we work for, we tend to appreciate a little more.
Sometimes you’re going to have to go through extreme lengths to accomplish a particular goal; if you haven’t yet had to experience this. If you want something bad enough, you must be willing to do whatever it takes to get it. Whatever it is; whatever it takes. At all times, focus on the desired end result. In my lifetime, I have been forced to learn and understand that when the going gets tough, my breakthrough was right around the corner. If things are a little tough right now, hold on because your breakthrough is coming.
Arguably, the toughest part of any journey is neither the start nor the finish; it’s the expedition in between. Remember, you cannot finish if you don’t start; and if you don’t start you can’t win; and if you don’t win we all lose. We are counting on you to accomplish your dreams. Do what you have to do to get what you need to get. It’s already yours!
Without sacrifice and a reasonable amount of calculated risks, you will never know the joy of winning.
To The Top!
Joe Paul




  I hope it is as encouraging for you as it has been for me! :-)

2 comments:

  1. I needed this. I've been in a plateau on my weight loss journey and it has literally driven me up the walls but those words are golden and the message was crystal clear.

    thanks for sharing this encouragement

    xoxo,
    daisy

    imjustdaisy.blogspot.com (personal blog)
    2bfitfabfierce.blogspot.com (fitness blog)

    ReplyDelete
  2. For sure!! I understand wholeheartedly and it could be very discouraging, especially when you give it your all and the scale does not move. That is where I am at right not. The old me would have just given up but this time I will not quit. Just keep pushing forward, figure out one thing that might be holding you back and, change it (if that is your workout intensity or hold off on that one snack etc). I assure the scale will move again, just don't give up. I am here for you, we can do this together. :-)

    ReplyDelete